"I'm a sales rep of a care service company" ?


Senior Member
Dear teachers,

Good morning.

I have a question.

There are companies that make profits by taking care of old people who can't take care of themselves.

For example, they sale some equipment that assist old people such as special beds, walkers, wheelchairs, and diapers.

Some companies run assisted living facilities.

I want to know what these companies are called in English.

Are there any umbrella terms for that?

"care giving companies", "care service companies"?

I have no clue!

Thank you in advance!
  • SwissPete

    Senior Member
    Français (CH), AE (California)
    Companies selling equipment and companies offering assisted living are two different things.

    I am not aware of any umbrella terms for either.


    Senior Member
    English - England
    In the UK, the items of equipment are often called 'mobility aids' or 'mobility products', and the companies who sell them are 'mobility companies' or 'mobility shops'.


    Senior Member
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I see. Maybe I should use senteces to explain what the company does instead of trying to use one word or phrase. In Japan, we have the phrase "kaigo kankei no kaisya" "kaigo " means "taking care of old people" "kankei" is " related" and "kaisya" means "company". Thank you again.
    < Previous | Next >