I'm afraid I have to ask you to make another change.

Coyote Blu

USA/English
I'd like to ask the above question in Italian. Since it has at least three different forms of verbs in it, my attempts are getting pretty complicated. (I usually try to make things too complicated :eek:)

Il mio tentivo: "Temo che io deva chiederti di farmi un altro cambio."

Che ne pensi?

• Lamy

Italy - Italian
    I would say: "Temo di doverti chiedere di fare un altro cambio"... but what kind of change are you talking about? It may also mean "cambiamento". Little more context please :)

Coyote Blu

USA/English
    I would say: "Temo di doverti chiedere di fare un altro cambio"... but what kind of change are you talking about? It may also mean "cambiamento". Little more context please :)
    I have asked this person to make a change in their schedule to accommodate my changing schedule, and now I, reluctantly, have to ask them to make another change.

Holymaloney

English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Hi Coyote :)!
    I think you should post exactly what you want to say in English first , have a go at translating it and then we'll help you set it straight ;). It's easier (and quicker) if you give us full sentence to work with:).

Lamy

Italy - Italian
    Then I would say "Temo di doverti chiedere di fare un altro cambio di programma" or "Temo di doverti chiedere di fare un altro cambiamento". The last one is better if you are already talking about your schedule, i.e. if it is not the way you start the conversation.
    Hope this helps ;)

< Previous | Next >