"i'm afraid they're already bubbling"

aivero

Finnish, Finland
I'm afraid there isn't much context to this one (sorry!) but that's what I have to deal with as well. I'm doing subtitles for this program about animal rescue workers, and at the beginning there are short extracts from previous episodes. There are a few police cars parked on a street and a few animal rescue workers and police officers are talking to each other on the street. One of them says to the others: "I'm afraid they're already bubbling so just be warned." (The spelling is based on script, but it's not very reliable) then the scene ends there. Now, if you would have ANY suggestions, I'd be thrilled. Thanks in advance!

• I'm afraid there isn't much context to this one (sorry!) but that's what I have to deal with as well. I'm doing subtitles for this program about animal rescue workers, and at the beginning there are short extracts from previous episodes. There are a few police cars parked on a street and a few animal rescue workers and police officers are talking to each other on the street. One of them says to the others: "I'm afraid they're already bubbling so just be warned." (The spelling is based on script, but it's not very reliable) then the scene ends there. Now, if you would have ANY suggestions, I'd be thrilled. Thanks in advance!
    Presumably the animal rescue workers have come to remove mistreated animals from their owners.

The police presence indicates that there will be trouble.

I think it means that the people from whom the animals will be taken are getting very angry. Frequently, those who treat animals badly are reluctant to part with them and won't give them up without a fight.

I have seen such scenes on a BBC TV series called "Animal Rescue".

LRV

Siberia

UK-Wales - English
    It's not a lot of help and it could be referred to anything/anyone.
    As it is "they are" it can't be water bubbling or any other liquid but it is something dangerous "be warned" - As it is animal rescue it could refer to something happening to some animals which must be in a very bad condition - they aren't calm - they are bubbling.
    If I come up with other ideas I'll pop in again.

< Previous | Next >