I'm as fall over (to be as + verb)

< Previous | Next >

diminished7th

Farsi
So she was in heels and she said: "Oops I'm as fall over" which I guess means that she was near to fall over but it didn't happen. So anyways I'm wondering if this is a common way of saying this or not. For example if you are going to leave the house, do you say:

I'm as leave the house!
or
I'm as hang up on you!
or
I'm as freak out!

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I don't think I have ever heard this construction, though it may be used in a different variety of English.

Please tell us more about this. Where did you hear or read it? Who was in heels? Where was she from? And so on.

askmore

Canada - English
    I have never heard of this.

Usually, one would say something like: "Oops, I'm about to fall over." (going to fall) , or as Copyright said, "Oops, I almost fell over" (past tense)

It could be slang though. Like Cagey said, it depends on what the source is.

diminished7th

Farsi
    The original isn't correct and I've never heard it. Are you sure it wasn't: Oops, I almost fell over.
    Now that I listened to it a couple of more times after reading this, I should say you are right about "almost" Copyright :D but I guess she used "fall" instead of "fell" anyways now it makes sense.

I appreciate all the answers folks.

PS: No Cagey said it was "fell over" so my ears suck....

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >