I'm having problems registering for a Wechat account.

< Previous | Next >

yuechu

Canada, English
大家好!

微信 being so popular in China (and after being asked if I had an account so many times!), I finally decided to try registering for a 微信 account. I created an account, etc, but the part where I have to input a code sent to a cell phone is not working.
Would anyone know how to say "I'm having problems registering for a Wechat account." in Chinese? (in an informal context, for example)

Thanks! :)

• Techref

Chinese - Mandarin
    I would say
    - 我遇到困難註冊微信(帳號)
    or
    - 我有困難申請微信 (帳號)

People would immediately understand when one say 註冊微信 or 申請微信 is to open/register an account with WeChat.
    So to further say 帳號 in the sentence is kinda optional to me.

ovaltine888

Mandarin Chinese & Shanghaiese
    I would say
    - 我遇到困難註冊微信(帳號)
    or
    - 我有困難申請微信 (帳號)

People would immediately understand when one say 註冊微信 or 申請微信 is to open/register an account with WeChat.
    So to further say 帳號 in the sentence is kinda optional to me.
    I am afraid Techref's version sounds a bit awkward to native speakers.

We will not say "我遇到困难做某事". It is like a machine translation from English and there is something wrong with the grammar too (the main verb of the sentence is confusing).

The natural way to say "I have problems registering a WeChat account" is
    我注册不了微信账号。
    or
    我在注册微信时遇到了困难。

albert_laosong

Mandarin
    I would say:
    不知怎么我注册不了微信。
    我想注册/创建/建/申请/开设/开一个微信账户,但一直有问题,搞不了。

Last edited:

Shazhudao945

Chinese - Mainland China
    Well, here a possible answer for you to copy and paste, since you might need to send a message to describe what happened.
    I'm having problems registering for a Wechat account.
    我在注册微信账号的时候遇到了问题。
    I created an account, etc, but the part where I have to input a code sent to a cell phone is not working.
    我注册了一个账号,但是在输入验证码确认的环节卡住了。

困难 here is not really good.
    Usually, when we say 遇到了困难, the difficulty or the problem is neutral or on our side.
    For example, 我在注册微信时遇到了困难, 因为我用的不是智能手机。
    But when the difficulty or the problem is on the opponent's side, 遇到了问题 is better. And there could be other expressions.

Last edited:

SimonTsai

Taiwanese Mandarin
    我在 (微信) 註冊的時候,遇到了一點問題。

'註冊' actually consists of a verb and a noun, meaning '(將) 註記於簿冊'. '註' and '注' are perfectly interchangeable here, '註' is more specific, though.

The transitive use of '註冊' is increasingly popular, but I am not ready to use it that way.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >