I'm just as likely to be chomping down on...

Charmeowth

Spanish from Spain
HI!
How is everything? :)

I'm translating a book (authorized, don't worry xD) and 2 brothers, by themselves, they're not police or whatever, have to resolve a "typical, boring case" of some psycho who kills cows, and one of them start complaining, because the farmers go crazy about them sniffing around their ranches:

"Tramping around freezing cold fields, antsy farmers waving shotguns. And for what? To save a cow I'm just as likely to be chomping down on next time I order a burger."

I thought about something like that:
"
arrastrarnos por el campo helados hasta las cejas, granjeros histéricos blandiendo escopetas. ¿Para qué? Para salvar una vaca, si voy a estar masticándola la próxima vez que pida una hamburguesa.

I'm quite lost, sounds strange. ¿What do you think? :)

thanks a lot, people!

Last edited:
  • diegops

USA
    English - US
    HI!
    How is everything? :)

I'm translating a book (authorized, don't worry xD) and 2 brothers, by themselves, they're not police or whatever, have to resolve a "typical, boring case" of some psycho who kills cows, and one of them start complaining, because the farmers go crazy about them sniffing around their ranches:

"Tramping around freezing cold fields, antsy farmers waving shotguns. And for what? To save a cow I'm just as likely to be chomping down on next time I order a burger."

I thought about something like that:
    " arrastrarnos por el campo helados hasta las cejas, granjeros histéricos blandiendo escopetas. ¿Para qué? Para salvar una vaca, si que voy a estar masticándola la próxima vez que pida una hamburguesa.

I'm quite lost, sounds strange. ¿What do you think? :)

thanks a lot, people!
    Otherwise it looks fine to me. I may be wrong about replacing the si with que. You probably know better than I do.

< Previous | Next >