I'm resending this email in case you haven't received it.

Discussion in 'English Only' started by AKielts, Dec 25, 2012.

1. AKielts Member

Farsi
    Hi everybody,
    Please think of a situation that you want to resend an email to a friend of yours in case he did not receive it.
    Is it true to add at the end of the email as a PS that:

PS: I'm resending this email in case you haven't received it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Loob

Loob Senior Member

English UK
    Hi AKielts

I'm not 100% sure what your question is: your thread title seems to indicate that you're asking whether "in case" is correct - in which case, I'd say "yes, it is".

If you're asking whether I'd use "in case you haven't received it" rather than "in case you didn't receive it", then my answer is that I'd be more likely to use "in case you didn't receive it" - but I wouldn't, at all, have a problem with "in case you haven't received it".

(PS: beware of the word "true" - it doesn't mean 'right' or 'correct':).)

3. sdgraham

sdgraham Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    USA English
    It's fine. You could also say "repeating."

As helpful hint, I think it's better to put your note at the top of the message and don't worry about the "PS" notation.

Otherwise, your friend might read through the whole message and, having received it previously, is wondering if there's something new in there.

4. Loob

Loob Senior Member

English UK
    Ah ~ sdg's answer has made me wonder if you're asking whether it would be OK to use the verb "resend". Is that what you were asking about, AKielts?

If so, I tend to put a hyphen in it myself: "re-send". But I wouldn't bat an eyelid at "resend"/"resending":).

5. AKielts Member

Farsi
    Thank you so much friends.

Yes, Loob. I'm wondering what is the best tense for the verb "re-send"?

6. Loob

Loob Senior Member

English UK
    Thank you for the clarification, AKielts (and thanks to the mods, too, for having expanded your thread title!).

As I said before, I think you can say either "I'm re(-)sending this email in case you haven't received it" or "I'm re(-)sending this email in case you didn't receive it". I would tend to use the second, myself, but both are fine:).

7. AKielts Member

Farsi
    Thanks again Loob, :)