I'm tripping

gccsad

Spanish - Costa Rica
Hello there!

I am just curious what the meaning of "I ain't tripping" is. I know the meaning of "trip" but I guess this phrase doesn't have to do with travelling or so. Maybe it´s an idiom! I just would like to know because I heard in a song someone said something like "I ain't tripping, I am just missing you"

Thanks!

• colombo-aussie

Spanish - Colombian
    Hey amigo,

"I'm tripping" es un termino utilizado por la gente que consume drogas o fuma marihuana, y hace referencia a que esta persona esta sumergido en un viaje de placer.

cya

robjh22

U.S.A. & English
    I know this thread is a little old, but I need to correct something. The original poster asked about "tripping" in the context of "I ain't tripping." This is clearly ghetto/gangsta talk that does derive, yes, from drug trips, but it has become street slang for "being really annoyed or upset."

"I came home at 2 a.m. and my old lady was trippin,' " means she was really annoyed that he stayed out so late.

My manager be tripping

transgua

United States English
    the answer to this is: No estoy sacado de onda, solo te extraño. I ain't tripping, I am just missing you. I hope this helps you. No se refiere a las drogas.