I'm wrecked

Lun-14

Banned
Hindi
I am 26 years old. It is 4 years since I completed my graduation, but still I don't have a job. People have started hating me; they taunt me for my being jobless. My father is sick - he has liver problem. My father is a carpenter. He is the only earning source of my home. I am worried about my father's illness. I am also worried about my being jobless. I am also worried about people's taunts.
I went to a temple and pray to god

Oh my God, I'm wrecked (=in a miserable condition/tattered because of so much worry/greatly tense). Please help me.

Is the bold idiomatic? If not, how would you express this, please?

Thanks a lot

• Lun-14

Banned
    Hindi
    Do you have a different suggestion?
    I am destroyed.
    I am tattered.
    I am dead.
    I am broken.

I want to use these with the same meaning as I'm so much worried/stressed that I'm almost dead. If I get just a little more stressed, I will actually die.
    Some people become mad/die* when they get too much stressed. I am just one step behind from being actually mad/dead.

*Sometimes when people get too much stressed, their brain vein bursts and in the result of that they die.

Pedro y La Torre

English (Ireland)
    "I'm wrecked" means that the person is tired (in Irish English at least). As such it doesn't work in your example. "I'm a wreck", as was previously suggested, is better.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    This is difficult, because people from different cultures speak to their gods in different ways. I can't imagine you talking to your god in English, but perhaps you are translating something.

Colloquially I'd say, "I'm in such a mess". More formally, "My life is in ruins".

You little ripper!

Australian English
    A slight variation to the suggestion made by velisarius, "I'm a mess!" might also work if you're simply talking about your emotional state. If you're referring to your life in general, you could say, "My life's going down the toilet!".

MarcB

US English
    A slight variation to the suggestion made by velisarius, "I'm a mess!" might also work if you're simply talking about your emotional state. If you're referring to your life in general, you could say, "My life's going down the toilet!".
    Or down the tube/tubes, especially when talking to God.

< Previous | Next >