....impartial; disinterested; unprejudiced; unbiased ....

< Previous | Next >

cunlt.hnil

Vietnamese
impartial; disinterested; unprejudiced; unbiased; even-handed; fair-minded

Hey guys,
I am doing a Vietnamese-English translation and then when I search for a Vietnamese word in English, I found a list of words which say the same thing, can you please help to differentiate them.
Thank you,

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    We can give the most useful answers if we have consider the use of these words in a specific context. In this case, please give us a sentence in which you are considering using these words. This will give us a starting point for the conversation. And the rules require it. ;)

You may also look at threads you will find by each word in the search box at the top of the page; for instance impartial. The threads listed below the definition will discuss the use of the words in a specific context. :)

Dictionary.com has a discussion of synonyms for fair in the definition for that word. You may find it interesting. Here is a little of what it says:
    1. Fair, impartial, disinterested, unprejudiced refer to lack of bias in opinions, judgments, etc. [....] Impartial, like fair, implies showing no more favor to one side than another, but suggests particularly a judicial consideration of a case: an impartial judge. Disinterested implies a fairness arising particularly from lack of desire to obtain a selfish advantage: The motives of her guardian were entirely disinterested. ....

< Previous | Next >