impartial half-hour - impartial time

< Previous | Next >

daoxunchang

Chinese China
In James H. L. Hunt's "Getting Up on Cold Mornings", he indulges in decumbency and says : it (discussing the matter of getting up on cold mornings in bed before getting up) is a fine way of spending a sensible, impartial half-hour. The sentences before this one are: It affords an excellent answer to those, who ask how lying in bed can be indulged in by a reasoning being, --a rational creature. How? Why with the argument calmly at work in one's head, and the clothes over one's shoulder. Oh--it...

What's the meaning of impartial here? Does it have anything to do with the the sentence just before the sentence in question? Does it mean "I'm impartial because I'm exercising my reasoning power while trying to put the clothes on my body"?

Thank you!

• daoxunchang

Chinese China
    The problem is that it's not clear to me whose sides he's not impartial to. He's definitely on the side of people who do not want to get up on cold mornings.

daoxunchang

Chinese China
    Then it would be very difficult for the translator. The direct translation into Chinese is intelligible. Many thanks for your help.

< Previous | Next >