improving conditions

NewAmerica

Mandarin
Does "improving conditions" refer to "improving socioeconomic conditions (of the 1st world)"?

Thanks in advance
Abstract: Better understanding the nature, origin and popularity of varying levels of popular religion versus secularism, and their impact upon socioeconomic conditions and vice versa, requires a cross national comparison of the competing factors in populations where opinions are freely chosen. Utilizing 25 indicators, the uniquely extensive Successful Societies Scale reveals that population diversity and immigration correlate weakly with 1st world socioeconomic conditions, and high levels of income disparity, popular religiosity as measured by differing levels of belief and activity, and rejection of evolutionary science correlate strongly negatively with improving conditions.

-Evolutionary Psychology

Source (PDF)

• Barque

Tamil
    I understand it as referring to the socio-economic conditions that obtain in those places. Places that have high income disparity levels, popular religiosity and opposition to evolutionary science also have socio-economic conditions that aren't improving (correlate negatively with improving conditions).

NewAmerica

Mandarin
    I understand it as referring to the socio-economic conditions that obtain in those places. Places that have high income disparity levels, popular religiosity and opposition to evolutionary science also have socio-economic conditions that aren't improving (correlate negatively with improving conditions).
    That is, improving conditions either in 1st world or 3rd world?

Barque

Tamil
    As I said in my last post, it refers to conditions in those places. If there's a place with high income disparity levels, popular religiosity and opposition to evolutionary science, it's generally the case that conditions are not improving over there.

However if there's a place with population diversity and immigration, you'll generally find first world socio-economic conditions.

< Previous | Next >