In addition to conveying the importance of social capital...

Bella_Italia

Australia - English
Ciao,

I'm trying to say something resembling the following:

"Though, in addition to conveying the importance of social capital in networking, the perspective also recognises its various forms. It identifies and outlines the two distinct dimensions of social capital: bonding and bridging. Bonding social capital is referred to by Robert Putnam as “exclusive”, in that it tends to “reinforce exclusive identities and homogenous groups”. While conversely, bridging social capital is “inclusive” because it refers to, and strengthens the relations between heterogenous groups. Thus, the idea behind bonding social capital is that, either by choice or necessity, a group is bound together by their parities. For example. ethnicity, age, social class and religion are all prime examples of bonding social capital. With ethnicity in particular being of great importance to this discussion."

I've given it a go and have so far managed:

"Sebbene, oltre a esprimere l'importanza di capitale sociale alle rete, la prospettiva riconosce le relative varie forme. Identifica e abbozza i due distinti dimensioni di capitale sociale civile: il capitale sociale della “coesione interna” e il capitale sociale “che getta ponti.” Il capitale sociale della “coesione interna” si riferisce a da Robert Putnam come "esclusivo", in quanto tende a "rinforzare le identità esclusive ed i gruppi omogenei". Mentre per contro, il capitale sociale “che getta ponti.” è " inclusivo" perché si riferisce a, e rinforza, i rapporti fra i gruppi eterogenei. Quindi, il pensiero che sotto il capitale sociale della “coesione interna” è che, dalla scelta o dalla necessità, un gruppo è legato insieme dalle loro parità. Per esempio, etnicità, età, classe sociale e religione sono tutti esempi tipici del capitale sociale della “coesione interna”, con l’etnicità in particolare essendo di massima importanza alla questa dissertazione."

Any feedback would be great, as far as I am aware bonding and bridging capital is referred to as social capital “coesione interna” and “che getta ponti” in italian, but if anyone familar with the theory knows otherwise please let me know!

Grazie!

• teokicker

Italian Italy
    Hi,
    your translation is very good, not easy. I just would say:
    di capitale sociale alle rete-- del capitale sociale nella rete
    abbozza i due distinti --sottolinea le due distinte

teokicker

Italian Italy
    sorry,

was a bit in a rush cos of work...

si riferisce a da Robert --é definito da Robert (not literal, but sounds better)
    il pensiero che sotto -- il pensiero sotto
    in particolare essendo di massima importanza alla questa dissertazione --in particolare di massima... a questo riguardo

it´s not easy to find a way to better translate "bridging", so I think u can keep ur translation.
    regards

ElaineG

USA/English
    teokicker said:
    Sorry,

was a bit in a rush because of work...

si riferisce a da Robert --é definito da Robert (not literal, but sounds better)
    in particolare essendo di massima importanza alla questa dissertazione --in particolare di massima... a questo riguardo

It´s not easy to find a way to better translate "bridging", so I think you can keep your translation.
    regards
    Ciao Teokicker,

Benvenuto a WRF. Ti prego di dare un'occhiata alle nostre regole:

Except as a topic of discussion, chatspeak and SMS style are not acceptable. Members must do their best to write using standard language forms. (This includes the use of capital letters and punctuation where appropriate).
    Grazie per la tua collaborazione,

Elaine
    Moderatrice

Bella_Italia

Australia - English
    teokicker said:
    sorry,

was a bit in a rush cos of work...

it´s not easy to find a way to better translate "bridging", so I think u can keep ur translation.
    regards
    ok, thanks again! No need to apologise, I really appreciate your input. :)

< Previous | Next >