In America

< Previous | Next >

namlan

Banned
Vietnam
- License to wed is being shown at all the movie theaters all over America.
- I think "..................movies theaters in America" is more natural, right?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan

• Trisia

Romanian
    Not necessarily; and it's not movies theatre :)

Perhaps (just a try): "License to wed" currently runs in movie theatres all over the US.

cropje_jnr

English - Australia
    Perhaps (just a try): "License to wed" currently runs in movie theatres all over the US.
    I don't thing so, although we can say 'is currently showing/screening/playing", etc.

- I think "..................movies theaters in America" is more natural, right?
    No, I can't see why it would be more natural. :)

My 'natural' attempt: License to Wed is (currently) screening in cinemas (right) across America. But "all over America" sounds 'natural' enough to me - and means that it is being shown everywhere in America - not just in one theatre (as could be the case if you merely say 'in America).

Blues Piano Man

USA English

Thanks a lot!

NamLan
    Hi Namlan,
    You should not have "all" in the sentence twice. Either of these revisions would be correct, but keep in mind that they mean two different things:

#1 "... is being shown at all the movie theaters in America." - Every theater in the country is showing the movie.

#2 "... is being shown at movie theaters all over America." - All over the country, some theaters are showing this movie.

Note that #1 never actually happens.

Hope that helps,
    Blues :)

< Previous | Next >