in/at/on my Easter holiday

SPANISH
"I did a lot of things in / at / on my Easter holiday last year"?

I think "in" is the best alternative in this context but I'm not sure. Can you help me, please? Thanks.

• Jmr87

Spanish
    holiday ['hɒlɪdeɪ]
    I n (un día) día festivo, fiesta: we have a holiday on Monday, el lunes es fiesta GB (varios días) vacaciones: I'm on holiday, estoy de vacaciones to take a holiday, tomarse unas vacaciones bank holiday, GB fiesta nacional

GB (varios días) vacaciones: I'm on holiday, estoy de vacaciones

OMT

English - United States
    holiday ['hɒlɪdeɪ]
    I n (un día) día festivo, fiesta: we have a holiday on Monday, el lunes es fiesta GB (varios días) vacaciones: I'm on holiday, estoy de vacaciones to take a holiday, tomarse unas vacaciones bank holiday, GB fiesta nacional

GB (varios días) vacaciones: I'm on holiday, estoy de vacaciones
    "On holiday/vacation" can only be used with "to be" in a temporary, transient, or imperfect past sense. This makes sense; it's the same reason you say "estar de vacaciones" and generally use the imperfect past tense for "estar."

Since "have done" is a past perfect construction, it would be improper to use "on" with "vacation/holiday." Claro, por que yo estaba de vacaciones, pero ya no. You would use "over" to indicate that you're describing the entirety of the ended past event.

However, it would be proper to say "What did you do while you were on holiday?" "¿Qué hizo Ud., mientras estaba de vacaciones?"

Spanish - Spain
    Sorry, but I have read this and other threads and do not have it yet clear.

The sentences: "I did a lot of things in my Easter holidays last year."

And: "I did a lot of things during my Easter holidays last year."

Would they be correct in British English?

Last edited:
    English-United States
    "In my Easter holidays" sounds very uneasy, regardless of British or American English usage. "During" is the safest bet. In American English, I agree with "Over my Easter holidays..." We would also say "For my Easter holidays, I did a lot of things."

Spanish - Spain
    The last sentence... It is not the same? I think we should say: "During my Easter holidays, I did a lot of things."

I thought that "for" would be followed of a length of time. Eg: "For three weeks, I did a lot of things."