In flux an idiot mean.

jesuias

Spain Spanish
Dear friends, there is another expression I am doubting in one of the poems I am reading: "in flux", I wonder whether the poet is referring to "changeable", that is, something that is not permanent and is subject to "continuous change" or to "continued flow", sort of a "flood":

The same, night after night, from powdered stall
To sweating gallery, your faces fix
In flux an idiot mean. The Apteryx
You worship is no victory;
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, you native speakers of English, regards from Spain, jesuias

Moderator Note: Please limit quotations from poems and lyrics to four lines, in keeping with Forum rules regarding copyright. You are welcome to post a link to the entire work.

• moura

Portuguese Portugal
    Dear friends, there is another expression I am doubting in one of the poems I am reading: "in flux", I wonder whether the poet is referring to "changeable", that is, something that is not permanent and is subject to "continuous change" or to "continued flow", sort of a "flood":

The same, night after night, from powdered stall
    To sweating gallery, your faces fix
    In flux an idiot mean. The Apteryx
    You worship is no victory;

Hi Jesuias,

The way I read it, was as the poet/author was passing by those faces, one after the other, "night after night" and reaching to that the idea of "idiot mean". So I would bet on the "continued flow"(in moving sequence).

< Previous | Next >