in/on/at basement

Azulay

Español, España
Hola a todos,
Cuando hablamos de plantas (en un hotel en este caso) utilizamos on the first/second... floor. Pero si quiero referirme a una planta inferior donde se encuentra el spa o el gimnasio o algunas otras instalaciones del hotel ¿debería utilizar basement? Si es así ¿también utilizo "on" como en los otros casos o debo usar in/at?
Por ejemplo: This hotel has a Spa on/in/at the basement

Muchas gracias

• Azulay

Español, España
    Thank you very much FromPa! So, if I use "on", the word basement must be followed by one of those words.

There is a Spa in the basement
    There is a Spa on the basement floor

Cristobalin

English - UK
    I would suggest you use 'on the lower ground floor'. I think 'lower ground' is more appropriate for hotels, 'basement' conjures up images of a dark and damp room filled with boxes, not something you want customers to be thinking about when trying to entice them to your gym.

I would suggest you use 'on the lower ground floor'. I think 'lower ground' is more appropriate for hotels, 'basement' conjures up images of a dark and damp room filled with boxes, not something you want customers to be thinking about when trying to entice them to your gym.

Hola Cristobalin:
    Sorry, I guess I should write in English, since you use it. Looking for "lower basement", I came across this link. I found that expression, as well as "basement" in a book of English for Tourism Business. I must say it is British English, and I can't explain my students the difference between them. In Spanish it is "sótano", but I don't remember a word for a place lower than "sótano", so it is difficult to figure it out.
    Thank you in advance.
    Libby

sarm

España/Español
    Hola Cristobalin:
    Sorry, I guess I should write in English, since you use it. Looking for "lower basement", I came across this link. I found that expression, as well as "basement" in a book of English for Tourism Business. I must say it is British English, and I can't explain my students the difference between them. In Spanish it is "sótano", but I don't remember a word for a place lower than "sótano", so it is difficult to figure it out.
    Thank you in advance.
    Libby

En español numeramos los sotanos como si fueran pisos. Así el primer sotano sería "sótano 1" o "sótano 1°" mientras que el siguiente sería el "sótano 2" o "sótano 2°" y así sucesivamente.