in pursuing vs to pursuit

< Previous | Next >

MetLife

Italian
Hello!!
I have a doubt regarding the correct use of pursuit in a sentence of my cover letter...

What is the best use of pursuit between:
a) "I have recently relocated to London and I am strongly motivated in pursuing a career in Investment Banking."

b) "I have recently relocated to London and I am strongly motivated to pursue a career in Investment Banking."

If they are equivalent, what do you think is the most clear and linear structure?

Thanks a lot for your help,

MetLife

Last edited:
  • sandpiperlily

a) "I have recently relocated to London and I am strongly motivated in pursuing a career in Investment Banking.":warn:

b) "I have recently relocated to London and I am strongly motivated to pursuit a career in Investment Banking.":cross:
    I think the first may be technically correct, but it sounds a little strange to me.

The second is incorrect. You can be "strongly motivated to pursue a career" but not "to pursuit."

MetLife

Italian
    I think the first may be technically correct, but it sounds a little strange to me.

The second is incorrect. You can be "strongly motivated to pursue a career" but not "to pursuit."
    Hi sandpiperlily,
    My mistake... the second sentence is definitely incorrect!!! Sorry!!!

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    What is the best use of pursuit between:

a) "I have recently relocated to London and I am strongly motivated in pursuing a career in Investment Banking."

b) "I have recently relocated to London and I am strongly motivated to pursue a career in Investment Banking."

If they are equivalent, what do you think is the most clear and linear structure?
    The second sentence is definitely preferable.

< Previous | Next >