In riferimento al nostro incontro del

LondonCalling

Italian
CIao a tutti.
Sto scrivendo una lettera molto formale e devo tradurre questa frase.
"In riferimento al nostro incontro del 18 Ottobre presso i vostri uffici"
che ho tradotto:
"With reference of our meeting of the 18 October 2008 in your head offices..."
Ma non sono molto convinto.
Qualcuno ha di meglio, oppure va bene?

• raisetheflavour

Banned
    Italian Italy
    Hi London

Qui nei nostri uffici si usa spesso il function word of 'following'
    'Following our meeting held at your head office on the 18th October 2008.....'

Ciao
    Raise

goffredo

italian
    Ciao London. la traduzione di raisetheflavour mi sembra appropriata. Volevo solo dirti che "With reference" il "to" e non l' "of".

Einstein

UK, English
    With reference to (I think you meant that, didn't you?).

I'd say that "following" and "with reference to" are both correct in general, but "following" is not right here because the meeting isn't in the past.
    I think "office" is enough without "head".

So:
    With reference to our meeting to be held at your office on 18 October...

goffredo

italian
    Cioa Einstein. Si, ho dimenticato di mettere "regge" dopo "with reference". Comunque e' quello che volevo dire!!

LondonCalling

Italian
    Così completa come vi sembra?
    Grazie.
    Following our meeting held on the 18th September 2008 at your head offices in Tripoli, we are writing to you, first of all to be grateful for your hospitality. It has been an honour for us to show you the development concept designs of the Project.

raisetheflavour

Banned
    Italian Italy
    Cara London
    Se il meeting e` stato fatto allora ho ragione io. Pero` il messaggio non era chiaro ecco perche` Einsten ha pensato fosse un'azione futura.

Einstein

UK, English
    Così completa come vi sembra?
    Grazie.
    Following our meeting heldof the 18th September 2008 at your head offices in Tripoli, we are writing to you, first of all, to thank you for your hospitality. It was an honour for us to show you the development concept designs of the Project.
    I don't think you can write to be grateful. You could say, if you want to be more flowery, "to express our gratitude".

LondonCalling

Italian
    Thank you.
    But, just for my knowledge, why did you correct me "it has been" with "it was".
    My English is getting rustier...

Einstein

UK, English
    "Was", because you're referring to a specific moment in the past. You could say "has been" just at the end of the meeting when you're saying goodbye. There are discussions about this on the forum.

LondonCalling

Italian
    Ok, I completely forgot the basis of the grammar.
    If I had used "it had been" would it has been correct? (even not sure on the grammar of this phrase...)

< Previous | Next >