in the renewable energy sector and <in> the digitalization of mobility

< Previous | Next >

Box3ur

Italian
Hi everyone.

X is the name of the company that I decided to not mention

I am writing a cover letter and I am not sure about this paragraph:

First, I have a strong interest in X and the sectors in which is present. X is one of the most innovative companies in the world and is changing the world in several fields. For example, I really admire the work that X is doing in the renewable energy sector and in the digitalization of mobility. Second, I am particularly interested in working as an analyst, as I think it would be the best way to be exposed to various challenges and to be in an environment in which I can continuously learn and develop my skills.

My main doubt is that I don't know if I should say "I really admire the work that X is doing in the renewable energy sector and the digitalization of mobility", or if I should keep the two "in". hope I was clear :)

Thank you

Last edited:
  • lingobingo

English - England
    Because the two things are expressed differently. If they were both sectors it would be fine for one “in” to refer to both, but they’re presented as separate entities – one a sector, one a general field of activity.

As for the first sentence: in which what is present?

Box3ur

Italian
    What I meant was in which the company is present. What I wanted to say is that I like the sectors where the company operates. Is it not clear? how might I reformulate it?

lingobingo

English - England
    I know what it means, but your grammar is wrong in that sentence. We’re not supposed to correct things for you.

Box3ur

Italian
    I am sorry! if I change it to: I have a strong interest in X and in the sectors in which it is present --> Is it right?

< Previous | Next >