In this sense Thatcher

nagariya

hindi
Revolutionary conservative
Source:http://www.indianexpress.com/news/revolutionary-conservative/1099982/0
Thatcher's conservatism was by contrast ideological, driven by passionate belief and, in its own way, sustained by a utopian belief in free markets. Traditional conservatism adhered to what might be called the British Ancien Regime: traditional institutions, forms of class deference, aristocratic noblesse oblige and a range of cherished institutions of authority, from the Church of England to Oxbridge and the BBC.
In this sense, British conservatism cut across party lines.
What does in this sense mean here?
Does it mean when it came to this belief everyone had the same view?
Thank you.

• Copyright

American English
    We ask that you name your source, in addition to providing a link (see Source for examples). So your post should look like this (and I have quoted a fourth sentence that will help answer your question):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Indian Express: Revolutionary conservative
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/revolutionary-conservative/1099982/0

Thatcher's conservatism was by contrast ideological, driven by passionate belief and, in its own way, sustained by a utopian belief in free markets. Traditional conservatism adhered to what might be called the British Ancien Regime: traditional institutions, forms of class deference, aristocratic noblesse oblige and a range of cherished institutions of authority, from the Church of England to Oxbridge and the BBC.

In this sense, British conservatism cut across party lines. Even the Labour Party, some exceptions apart, was infected with this culture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What does in this sense mean here?
    Does it mean when it came to this belief everyone had the same view?
    Thank you.

nagariya

hindi
    Thank you sir.
    It's my mistake,you have told me several times but I seem to forget always.I am sorry.I will keep all this in my mind the next time I post.
    Thank you again.
    So sir is it right to interpret that with regard to the belief in question everyone was on the same page? and in this sense here is used to instead of with regard to.
    Thank you.

wandle

English - British
    In this sense, British conservatism cut across party lines.
    Question: In what sense?
    Answer: In the sense that 'traditional conservatism adhered to what might be called the British Ancien Regime'.

In other words, 'what might be called the British Ancien Regime' crossed party lines to a significant extent, because its authority was accepted even by a great part of the Labour Party.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >