in turn / consequently

as_99

Arabic
Is "in turn" correct in the following context:

Delays in completion dates is occurring when changes take place. A delayed completion can in turn impact the project cost.

Please advise.

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Can you tell us where you saw this? Or is this something you plan to write to someone? In either case: Context would be helpful. (To whom is this written, and what is the connection between that person and the person doing the writing? What is the "project"? Is there more than one completion date?)

as_99

Arabic
    Can you tell us where you saw this? Or is this something you plan to write to someone? In either case: Context would be helpful. (To whom is this written, and what is the connection between that person and the person doing the writing? What is the "project"? Is there more than one completion date?)
    This is my writing ...

morior_invictus

Slovak
    Delays in completion dates occur when changes take place. A delayed completion can, in turn, impact the project costs.
    "in turn" is used in a sequence of events. It implies the order in which something occurs. I am OK with a usage of "in turn" in your sentence, but the sentence itself doesn`t make much sense to me. Some may disagree with me.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    The first sentence requires some work but, with the amendments, this is OK:

A delayed completion can
    , in turn, impact on the project cost. The figurative use of "impact" is usually intransitive.

< Previous | Next >