(in USA) Ways to name a female friend on emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayXSonic

Italy - Italian
At the beginning of the email somebody write "Dear Katie", "Hi, Katie", "Hi, baby" and so on. I'm a boy and I'm writing to a girl knew 2 weeks ago, how can I start the email in a friendly form but not too much confidential? I'm in USA, Texas, and we are both 18 years old, so... Sweetheart, cutie, darling, ... what do you suggest? Thanks

• bayXSonic

Italy - Italian
    I'll watch the video later, now I'm on the PDA.

My intections are... the same of any other young man that knows a young, nice and pretty girl, but now we're only friends! (I hope that "now" last 1 or 2 more weeks :D )

labrapalabras

Mexico, Spanish
    "Hi, Katie" sounds alright! "Dear, Katie" is way too formal. And all the "sweetheart" "darling" stuff... well, it might do, but I wouldn't be so sure at this stage, being that you are "just friends".

nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    I'll watch the video later, now I'm on the PDA.

My intections are... the same of any other young man that knows a young, nice and pretty girl, but now we're only friends! (I hope that "now" last 1 or 2 more weeks :D )
    Well, I can't say anything for the lovely lucky Katie :D

But as a female, I would be very happy to get an email with "Hi, nichec" or "Hey, nichec", but I wouldn't be too happy with "Hi, baby" or "sweetie" or "darling" or "cutie", given the fact that you guys don't know each other that well.........She might get the impression that you say these sweet words easily to any other girl, and that is..........hmmmmmmmm........errrrrrrrrrr......fatal (at least to me, it is, but maybe things are different in Texas?)

Good luck to you and Katie :D

Edit: Hmmmmmmmm...........Does it mean anything that I am newly 26? :p

labrapalabras

Mexico, Spanish
    hehehe, this a funny thread! Well, I guess the "female friend" who wrote "Hi, cutie" to you is an open person, and I sure hope her boyfriend is too! "Hi, cutie" is definitely on the flirtatious side... go ahead, you Italian stud! Hehe, just jocking! I agree with Nichec... but then again... I'm 34!

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    This is not the place to discuss courtship techniques. This thread has attracted enough chat, advice, and... Enough! If there is a language question that has not yet been addressed, please open a new thread.

Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >