in vintage Chanel - beige wool trimmed in black....

< Previous | Next >

Alex Coseff

Czech
Hello,

I'm in the dark and would be grateful if anyone would be so kind and gave me a clue.
Could you please tell what exactly was the character wearing? Could you please paraphrase the whole bit in bold for me?
I gather she was a cracker, looking wonderful as usual (her usual ravishing self) .. and now I'm just taking a guess - was she wearing a Chanel woolen sweater of high quality (vintage) trimmed in black?
Many thanks.

G.M.Malliet: Wicked autumn
"Suzanna Winship was looking her usual ravishing self in vintage Chanel - beige wool trimmed in black, with a black chiffon scarf draped gracefully over her hair."

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    She was probably wearing something like this. (This isn't a Chanel design, but it seems to be the same type of garment. Also, it's possible that the Chanel garment was a dress or something else; nothing in the quoted text suggests that it has to be a sweater.)

Egmont

English - U.S.
    If Chanel designed it, I agree that it's more likely to be a suit than a sweater - but we're guessing, based on knowledge of what sort of clothes are usually associated with that designer. The passage doesn't say. As far as we know from the passage, it might be a raincoat or a bathing suit (though neither of those is likely to be made of wool).

< Previous | Next >