in which it is registered / that it is registered in

tracy77

Chinese
Hello, may I ask if I should say "depending on the province which the organization registered in" or should I say "depending on the province the organization registered in"? Thanks!

• panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    There are some who won't like either of these because they end with "in".
    If that is not a problem, then either version would do.

Although I have no profound objections to prepositions at the end of a sentence, in this case I wouldn't use this structure. I'd probably write:
    ... depending on the province where the organization is registered.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    I agree with panjandrum's first two points, but may differ with his concuding suggestion. I may agree with it. We need full context.

The fragments presented in post #1 may refer to the initial act of registration, rather than the current status of the organization. If the intent is to focus on that act, and where it took place, then our choices might be different. For example, you could say, ...depending on the province where the organization [was] registered.

tracy77

Chinese
    I agree with panjandrum's first two points, but may differ with his concuding suggestion. I may agree with it. We need full context.

The fragments presented in post #1 may refer to the initial act of registration, rather than the current status of the organization. If the intent is to focus on that act, and where it took place, then our choices might be different. For example, you could say, ...depending on the province where the organization [was] registered.
    Hello, originally, I want to say: "However, the implementation of this requirement varies depending on the administrative level at which the organization registered as well as the province where it registered (as modified according to your suggestion :). Then may I ask how should I combine the two elements (ie. administrative level and province) into one sentence? Or is there any other better expression? Thanks!

< Previous | Next >