...in which <there> are/is many authentic and traditional foods/food.

emma.learns

Chinese - China
The city is not very big, but it is very beautiful, in which are many authentic and traditional foods.

Dear all,

The above sentence is what I read from a translation answer, however, I think the sentence should be like one of these:
The city is not very big, but it is very beautiful, in which there are many authentic and traditional foods.
The city is not very big, but it is very beautiful, in which there is many authentic and traditional food.

Could you please let me know which one is the correct sentence? Thank you!

• Barque

Tamil
    Neither, I'm afraid. It would probably be simpler if you split it into two.

The city is not very big, but it is very beautiful. You will find many kinds of authentic and traditional food there.

You might find posts 4 and 5 from this thread useful: kind of food or kinds of foods??

emma.learns

Chinese - China
    Neither, I'm afraid. It would probably be simpler if you split it into two.

The city is not very big, but it is very beautiful. You will find many kinds of authentic and traditional food there.

You might find posts 4 and 5 from this thread useful: kind of food or kinds of foods??
    The city is not very big, but it is very beautiful, in which there are many kinds of authentic and traditional food.
    Thank you for your reply! How about this one?

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    The problem is not with the phrase about "many kinds of food." It's with "in which."

If you want to try to combine all of these ideas into one sentence, you would have to say:

The city, in which there are many kinds of authentic and traditional food, is not very big, but it is very beautiful.

< Previous | Next >