include medium to high risk probability and medium to high risk impact (what is included?)

< Previous | Next >

Cryohead

Hungarian
Hello,

I'm having some interpretation problems with a sentence. Unfortunately I can't really ask anyone now to help me out at the univ and I need to hand in my work really soon. Here's the sentence:

"Now complete Table 2.22 to indicate, for your proposed project, which areas of risk you think should be prioritised (include medium to high risk probability and medium to high risk impact) and what management strategy you propose adopting in each instance."

Now, my problem is that I have a table like this:

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x339/cryohead2/table.jpg

In my read, I should include those items that are in the cells that I have flagged with an 'A'.

Then it occurred to me that I could be entirely wrong and perhaps I should include the two bottom cells that I have flagged with a 'B'.

(The flags are for explanation purposes only and are otherwise not part of the table.)

Help please!

Last edited:
  • Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    (Yes, it's OK.)

By my reading (include medium to high risk probability and medium to high risk impact) means you should <include> any item in the table that is in the either of the columns marked medium or high. They don't have to be in both. So I would include the ones you marked "B" because they are in one of the medium or high columns.

If they wanted only the items that had both medium medium to high probability and impact, I would expect them to say something like:
    (include medium to high risk probability and impact)
    (include those with both medium to high probability and impact)

[Note: If you go to Advanced when you edit a post, you will be able to insert or edit a table, along with all the other options you have when you create a post.]

Last edited:

Cryohead

Hungarian
    (Yes, it's OK.)

By my reading (include medium to high risk probability and medium to high risk impact) means you should any item in the table that is in the either of the columns marked medium or high. They don't have to be in both. So I would include the ones you marked "B" because they are in one of the medium or high columns.

If they wanted only the items that had both medium medium to high probability and impact, I would expect them to say something like:
    (include medium to high risk probability and impact)
    (include those with both medium to high probability and impact)

[Note: If you go to Advanced when you edit a post, you will be able to insert or edit a table, along with all the other options you have when you create a post.]
    Thanks for the extensive answer!

< Previous | Next >