increase the potential for successful ventures to emerge

< Previous | Next >

82riceballs

English - USA
Hi all,

I'm trying to translate the following-
"The most important factors in a startup environment are talent, density, culture, capital and regulatory environment. These factors increase the potential for successful ventures to emerge."

I'm finding it most difficult to translate the latter sentence. Here is my try-
對創業環境最重要的因素是: 人才,密度,文化,資金以及監管環境,這些因素能提高成功的項目浮現的機率。

Please let me know how you would translate this- thanks!!

• ElGarcia

Chinese - Mandarin
    Your translation sounds fine. I may not translate it word for word, especially for the second sentence:

一個適宜創業的環境應具有幾個最重要的條件:人才、密度、(企業家)文化、資金以及(完善的)監管制度。這些條件將促使成功的項目出現。
    or
    支持/鼓勵創業的最重要因素是人才、密度、文化、資金及監管環境。這些因素將影響(創業)項目成功的幾率。

因素/要素(factors/elements) sounds more neutral than 條件(conditions/prerequisites). 條件 are often requirements to be met, while 因素 can be either good (e.g., 充足的人才儲備,創新文化) or bad (e.g. 山寨文化,監管不力). So without specification it can be a little weird to say 這些因素能提高……(成功率).

Skatinginbc

Mandarin 國語
    健全的創業環境具有五個關鍵成分:人才、密度、文化、資金、及完善的監管制度。這些成分能提高創業項目的成功機率。
    OP wrote 機率, which is the typical way for writing that word in Taiwan. It represents 機會比率 or 機遇的可能性. 幾率 may be considered an error in Taiwan.

Last edited:

ElGarcia

Chinese - Mandarin
    OP wrote 機率, which is the typical way for writing that word in Taiwan. It represents 機會比率 or 機遇的可能性. 幾率 may be considered an error in Taiwan.
    Interesting. I think 几率 is as common as, if not more than, 机率 in mainland China. They are interchangeable for me. Perhaps 几率 is the simplified version of 機率?

< Previous | Next >