increasing greenhouse gas concentration

Jims-Rc

Sinhala
Global warming is one of the dreadful faced by the world nowadays. It is the increasing average temperature of the earth, near-surface air and oceans since the mid 20th Century. It has been concluded increasing greenhouse gas concentration resulting from human activity such as fossil fuel burning and deforestation are responsible for most observed temperature increase since the middle 20th century. The expected long-range effect of global warming includes rising sea level, glaciers retreats. Arctic shrinkage, change in timing of seasonal patterns of the ecosystem. <-----Excess quote removed by modertor (Florentia52)----->

I am unable to understand what is meant by concentration here. Please Help me !!!! I would be very grateful to your esteemed opinions.

Last edited:
  • Ponyprof

Canadian English
    Global warming is one of the dreadful faced by the world nowadays. It is the increasing average temperature of the earth, near-surface air and oceans since the mid 20th Century. It has been concluded increasing greenhouse gas concentration resulting from human activity such as fossil fuel burning and deforestation are responsible for most observed temperature increase since the middle 20th century. The expected long-range effect of global warming includes rising sea level, glaciers retreats. Arctic shrinkage, change in timing of seasonal patterns of the ecosystem. <-----Excess quote removed by modertor (Florentia52)----->

I am unable to understand what is meant by concentration here. Please Help me !!!! I would be very grateful to your esteemed opinions.
    Haven't we already seen texts from this pathetic website? It's not a legitimate learning resource and this text is riddled with errors. You should not be spending time with this website.

That said, the word "concentrations" is frequently used in a scientific context to describe the percentage of a particular chemical or substance in solution, either a gas or liquid.

We can high or low concentrations of various pollutants. When there is a bush fire close to our city, the government tracks the concentration of several pollutants and particulates, and issues an air quality warning if needed.

The term is not really used grammatical correctly in this text but the term itself is common in English.

Jims-Rc

Sinhala
    Haven't we already seen texts from this pathetic website? It's not a legitimate learning resource and this text is riddled with errors. You should not be spending time with this website.

That said, the word "concentrations" is frequently used in a scientific context to describe the percentage of a particular chemical or substance in solution, either a gas or liquid.

We can high or low concentrations of various pollutants. When there is a bush fire close to our city, the government tracks the concentration of several pollutants and particulates, and issues an air quality warning if needed.

The term is not really used grammatical correctly in this text but the term itself is common in English.
    I know we are not on the same grounds about this website. But I am helpless my friend. I am studying by myself. It is the only resource I have got so far. Would you care to join in a conversation with me in private? Thank you for helping me.

Ponyprof

Canadian English
    Surely there are other resources online? I don't have suggestions but maybe other learners in your region have suggestions?

Jims-Rc

Sinhala
    Surely there are other resources online? I don't have suggestions but maybe other learners in your region have suggestions?
    I'm afraid there weren't any online resources for us Sri Lankans to learn English. <-----Off-topic comments removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >