indici di bilancio

irene.acler

Italiano
Hi :)

I'm not sure about the translation of "indici di bilancio". I put "balance sheet ratios" but an English native speaker told me that "ratio" is incorrect. Does it seem wrong to you? Which would be a better translation?

Gli indici di bilancio ed i costi sono in linea con quelli di altri operatori di settore.

My attempt:
The balance sheet ratios and the costs were similar to those of competitors.

Thank you in advance.

• london calling

UK English
    Ciao!
    answers.com says:

Ratios used in examining the financial condition, and changes in financial position, of any company, based on data reported in the Balance Sheet. Certain ratios are particularly applicable to banks. The most important are the Capital Ratios (measuring the ratio of equity capital to total assets) and Liquidity Ratios (measuring a bank's ability to cover deposit withdrawals and pay out funds to meet the credit needs of its borrowers). Other useful ratios are the loan-to-deposit ratio (total loans divided by total deposits) the Charge-Off ratio (net charge-offs as a percentage of total loans), the loan loss reserve ratio (Loan Loss Reserves for potential bad loans as a percentage of total loans), and the ratio of Nonperforming Loans to total loans. See also Net Interest Margin; Return on Assets; Return on Equity.

Does that sound like your "indici"?

irene.acler

Italiano
    Yes. An example of "indice" could be the "return on equity". What we are looking for is the general term used to refer to all the "ratios" employed to examine the financial condition of a company.

EDIT: While searching on the net, I found "balance sheet indicators", used both by the Bank of England and by the Banca d'Italia.

Last edited: