indisciplinato

Saoul

Italian
Ho iniziato a suonare il piano a 14 anni, ma sono sempre stato piuttosto indisciplinato.

I can see quite a few options in the dictionary (undisciplined, unruly, disorderly) but I was wondering which of these would sound better and if there are other options that my work.

I started playing the piano when I was 14 but I've always been rather undisciplined.
I started playing the piano when I was 14 but I've never been very disciplined.
I started playing the piano when I was 14 but I've always lacked discipline.
I started playing the piano when I was 14 but I've never been very consistent.
I started playing the piano when I was 14 but I've always been rather inconsistent.

TIA

S.

• It would be natural for me to put the definite article before "discipline":
    "I started playing the piano when I was 14 but I've always lacked the discipline."
    "I've / I have always lacked the..." is worth a search.

glinder

italian
    Riprendo qursto thread per chiedere come di dice indisciplinato nel contesto del traffico. "Molti scooteristi sono indisciplinati" Many scooters rider are unruly?
    Grazie

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Riprendo qursto thread per chiedere come di dice indisciplinato nel contesto del traffico. "Molti scooteristi sono indisciplinati" Many scooters rider are unruly?
    Grazie
    I would change that sentence slightly to make it a bit more idiomatic. 🙂

Many/(A lot of) scooter riders are quite unruly.

Last edited:

MR1492

English -USA
    Mi sembra che la parola indisciplinato abbia un senso preciso cui e non è lo stesso nel inglese. Ho guidato nell'Italia e penso che tradurrei indisciplinato con:

Many/(A lot of) scooter riders think they own the road. (common euphemism in AE)
    ......................................... ignore traffic laws.
    ......................................... are scofflaws. (old but it sounds nice.)
    ......................................... drive recklessly. (probably the closest)

Phil

rrose17

Canada, English
    Adding to Phil's list I also like Many scooter riders are reckless.
    It's funny that we have cyclists and skateboarders but nothing comes to mind for a scooter user. Scooter rider sounds a little odd.

Well, to be honest I'm not sure what glinder means with "scooterista". A decade ago I'd have definitely assumed he meant a motor scooter driver but nowadays it may well mean someone who rides an electric scooter on the road.