Individually conceived

< Previous | Next >

Blackwolffff

Chinese
"Her interpretation was individually conceived"

I am not sure what "individually conceived" means in this sentence.

I wonder if I can replace this short phrases with "individually imaginative" or "an individual's opinion.

And I am sorry I can't provide you the context because this is already its full context.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    It's a pretty pointless exercise to try to understand phrases out of context.

It seems to be a passive sentence, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Which word was it meant to illustrate?

Blackwolffff

Chinese
    It's a pretty pointless exercise to try to understand phrases out of context.

It seems to be a passive sentence, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Which word was it meant to illustrate?
    Thank you for reminding me, I will take note of it when I post a new watched thread next time and sorry for wasting you guy's time.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    It's your own time you're wasting, Blackwolffff.

Can you give a link to the online dictionary? I find it difficult to imagine why you were looking up "individually conceived" if you hadn't already come across it in a text, that's all.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    Thank you. :)

I see it comes from the definition of "individually" as in an individual or personally unique manner:

So I'd take it to mean something like: her interpretation was something she'd thought up herself: it wasn't shared by anyone else.

Blackwolffff

Chinese
    Thank you. :)

I see it comes from the definition of "individually" as in an individual or personally unique manner:

So I'd take it to mean something like: her interpretation was something she'd thought up herself: it wasn't shared by anyone else.
    Thank you. DonnyB

< Previous | Next >