individually

mimmito

italiano
I am not sure about that sentence:

I strongly believe in teamwork and that the best results and ideas come out from a group and not individually.

is it a proper way to use "individually"?

thanks

• Elwintee

England English
    I don't think so. Do you mean that 'ideas do not come out from individuals'? If so, surely this is not true, as individuals make up the group. Of course there can be a consensus, but that is when individuals have stated their 'individual' opinions.
    In your sentence, you say the ideas do not 'come out individually' or one by one. So they all come out together? Note that here it is the ideas that do something, not the people involved. I hope this is not too muddling!

Myridon

English - US
    "Out from" is doubtful and "individually" depends on what the sentence is trying to say.
    The most likely possibilities are:
    "... come from groups and not individuals." (Groups of people make better ideas than individual people.)
    "... come in/as groups and not individually." (Good ideas come in groups (of ideas) rather than one idea at a time.)

mimmito

italiano
    Thank u both to let me understand why the sentence was wrong.....it wasn't clear at all!!!
    thanks

< Previous | Next >