Indonesian: Perlu Tekad Besar Hidup tanpa Merokok

waterbuf

Deutsch / Bayern
I have stumbled on this article (below you'll find a paragraph from
it but also the URL that will take you to the whole article.

It seems a review of my book PORTRAIT OF AN EX-SMOKER in
a language I do not understand.

My name comes up many times. The title of my book is mentioned.
But I can't read it or have it translated cuz I have no idea what language
it is. If you do, please let me know. No need for you to waste time
translating it. Just glance at it. If you do understand the language, would
you read the whole article and just tell me in a few words what it is about.

Perlu Tekad Besar Hidup tanpa Merokok
Oleh WIDODO ASMOWIYOTO

Bagaimanapun sulitnya usaha berhenti merokok, pastilah akhirnya ada yang berhasil juga. Ambros Prechtl, penulis buku setebal 107 halaman itu, adalah contoh sosok perokok berat yang akhirnya sukses berhenti merokok. Dalam buku yang kebetulan saya beli di Madinah ketika saya menunaikan ibadah haji tahun 2001 itu, Ambros mengisahkan bahwa ia pernah merokok selama 28 tahun. Pria kelahiran Jerman itu mulai merokok pada akhir Perang Dunia II atau ketika usianya baru 12 tahun.

Here the URL for the whole article:

Nah, was just told I am not allowed to post an URL to another
site after I have posted 30 contributions. If you think you can
help, do a dogpile search for Ambros Prechtl and the second or
third hit will be the one. You could also use the heading of the
article for your search.

Looking forward to a postitive answer --

Link here, e-mail address deleted, quote shortened to 4 sentences. (please consult our rules).

• Jana337

čeština
    Hi Waterbuf,

I googled it - looks like Bahasa, the language spoken in Indonesia. If you check back later, you will surely find confirmations or better opinions. :)

Jana

jijigren

Malay,Malaysia
    waterbuf said:
    Perlu Tekad Besar Hidup tanpa Merokok
    Oleh WIDODO ASMOWIYOTO

Bagaimanapun sulitnya usaha berhenti merokok, pastilah akhirnya ada yang berhasil juga. Ambros Prechtl, penulis buku setebal 107 halaman itu, adalah contoh sosok perokok berat yang akhirnya sukses berhenti merokok. Dalam buku yang kebetulan saya beli di Madinah ketika saya menunaikan ibadah haji tahun 2001 itu, Ambros mengisahkan bahwa ia pernah merokok selama 28 tahun. Pria kelahiran Jerman itu mulai merokok pada akhir Perang Dunia II atau ketika usianya baru 12 tahun.
    Im A Malaysian, not Indonesian. But our language has similarity, OK I try to translate:

Need to Have Big Determination to live without smoking ( to quit smoking)

By Widodo Asmowiyoto

How difficult the effort to quit smoking, in the end there will be success. Ambros Prechtl, the writer of 107 pages book, is an example of smoker who finally quit his smoking (habit) successfully. In a book that I bought in Madinah while doing haj in 2001, Ambros was a smoker for 28 years. The man from Germany start smoking at the end of World War 2 or when he was 12 years old

Hope this help

waterbuf

Deutsch / Bayern
    Big thanks to both of you -- Jana and Jijigran -- for your replies. Now I know both what language the piece is written in and what it is about.

Thanks a mil,

waterbuf, alias Ambros

< Previous | Next >