infalling material

Georgiagk

Greek
Could you please provide a Greek equivalent of the above term in the context of Astrophysics? It is taken from this sentence: "At these extreme high densities, the core actually resists collapse, and as a result, all of this infalling material bounces off the core", which describes process occurring during the death of a star.
Infalling material being: material "moving under the influence of gravity toward a celestial object" from Merriam Webster

• Georgiagk

Greek
    Could you please provide a Greek equivalent of the above term in the context of Astrophysics? It is taken from this sentence: "At these extreme high densities, the core actually resists collapse, and as a result, all of this infalling material bounces off the core", which describes process occurring during the death of a star.
    Infalling material being: material "moving under the influence of gravity toward a celestial object" from Merriam Webster
    Since I found the answer and cannot remove this thread I will answer it myself, it is βαρυτική δύναμη.

dmtrs

Greek
    Are you sure of your translation?
    I understand the term rather as ελκόμενη ύλη according to the definition (ύλη -not δύναμη).

Georgiagk

Greek
    You've got a point! It's just that I had watched a video explaining the process of the death of a star and βαρυτική δύναμη was the closest in meaning to what I was trying to convey. But I have to admit, despite the search it just didn't occur to me to use ύλη. I was rather stuck with υλικό as I was trying to translate "material", which didn't cover me.Yes, your translation is more accurate than mine! Thank you!!!!

< Previous | Next >