Infants/Children

mthompson828

USA/English
I would love to create a glossary for words pertaining to children, but I only know the words in English at this point. Would someone be interested in putting together a glossary?

Some ideas:
diapers/nappies
bottle
bib
onesie
crib
playpen
bassinet
formula
nap
lullaby
etc...

• User1001

American English
    Some of the words you listed cannot be translated to other languages, because they're actually just English slang, but this sounds like a good idea, especially for parents who want to teach their children another language Speaking in that other tongue would be helpful. :)

User1001

American English
    I added German to the list, and perhaps I will add another language I study, but later. By the way, what is a "onesie"? :confused:

EDIT: lory beat me to asking what it is. :p

Attachments

• Children Vocabulary v1.xls
      20.5 KB · Views: 168

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    I'm so glad to see this glossary! I've been working on an English version to post here for a few weeks! I've attached it, taking into consideration the translations already given.

Please add to it! :D

Attachments

• Baby Terms 1.xls
      26.5 KB · Views: 152

fsabroso

Perú / Castellano
    I'm so glad to see this glossary! I've been working on an English version to post here for a few weeks! I've attached it, taking into consideration the translations already given.

Please add to it! :D
    I've just added some Peruvian terms.

Attachments

• Baby Terms 1.xls
      21.5 KB · Views: 131

Loob

English UK
    Two nations separated by a common language!

Loob

Does the list need to include dummy (UK) pacifier (US)?

Loob

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    I updated the list to include a column for "Country-Specific". If the word/term is only used in your country, then write down the name of your country.

I did this to add in the UK words and some words that were specifically Peruvian.

Cheers!

Can you think of any more words in English (or another language)?

Attachments

• Baby Terms 4.xls
      34 KB · Views: 203