inferior to 3,2 but superior or equal to 2,8 "over 4,3"

lucy2010

Russian
Thanks so much in advance for your help. I can't get the meaning of this phrase:

"a cumulative grade-point average inferior to 3,2 but superior or equal to 2,8 over 4,3, or the equivalent"

I understand that GPA is less then 3,2 but more or equal to 2,8, but what does OVER 4.3 mean? Does it mean that the maximum GPA possible is 4.3? Or does it mean divided (/)? Doesn't make sense to me. Your help will be much appreciated! :)

• lucy2010

Russian
    Could you give us some context please?
    Thank you for your response. Here is a piece of the text:

"The files from the candidates with an undergraduate university diploma of a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, obtained with a cumulative grade-point average inferior to 3,2 but superior or equal to 2,8 over 4,3, or the equivalent, will have to be studied exceptionally by the Subcommittee for admission and evaluation for a decision. Normally, candidates whose cumulative grade-point average lies between 3.0 and 3.2 over 4.3, must demonstrate pertinent professional experience of at least five years. For candidates whose cumulative grade-point average lies between 2.8 and 3.0 over 4.3 must demonstrate six years of pertinent professional experience to be considered."

I just don't understand what OVER means in all of these three instances. Thank you! :)

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    I must say that your document seems to express things in an unusual manner.

I assume over 4.3 means out of a maximum of 4.3. There are some universities that have a maximum GPA of 4.3.

NOTE: In English, the decimal point (4.3) is used rather than the comma (4,3).

lucy2010

Russian
    I must say that your document seems to express things in an unusual manner.

I assume over 4.3 means out of a maximum of 4.3. There are some universities that have a maximum GPA of 4.3.

NOTE: In English, the decimal point (4.3) is used rather than the comma (4,3).
    Thanks very much natkretep! :) Indeed, the document that I have is a Canadian one. Thanks again for your fast help.

< Previous | Next >