influential figure or made influence

thehope

Arabic
Hi

I am trying to explain the influence of an important person over his and other nations/societies.

"Gandhi was an influential figure of those societies and nations, with huge influence."
or
"Gandhi made an influence to those societies and nations, with huge influence."

Thanks

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    1. We do not use "to make an influence to". It is considered wrong. Instead, the verb "to influence" is used.
    2. The use of "of" in "an influential figure of" is wrong. It is "on" or "in" depending upon what you mean and your context.
    3. Your use of "with huge influence." is wrong. You are saying he influenced them with influence" which sounds ridiculous. You need a simple adverb, e.g. "greatly" or an adjective "great"

SleepyMutt

Russian
    1. We do not use "to make an influence to". It is considered wrong. Instead, the verb "to influence" is used.
    From a book by the authors with English names: Dean Hoge, Kenneth McGuire, Bernard Stratman.
    And I Think that made an influence on my life.
    Another book
    The only way for sea to make an influence on those plants is make the proponents envisage the benefits of sea.

heypresto

English - England
    And I Think that made an influence on my life.
    This sounds unusual. I'd expect ' . . . had an influence on my life.' But maybe it makes sense in context, which you haven't given.

The only way for sea to make an influence on those plants is make the proponents envisage the benefits of sea.
    Where did you see this? What's it talking about? In what context? It has at least two errors.

SleepyMutt

Russian
    This sounds unusual. I'd expect ' . . . had an influence on my life.' But maybe it makes sense in context, which you haven't given.

Where did you see this? What's it talking about? In what context? It has at least two errors.
    On google books