"information that was classified meaning"

grimbergen

Korean
Hello, members!

At least 110 emails sent through her server contained information that was classified at the time it was sent, he said, meaning it should never have been sent or received on an unclassified computer network — not hers, not even the State Department’s official state.gov system.
(http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/fbi-findings-damage-many-of-hillary-clintons-claims.html)

Can anyone please explain to me where "meaning" belongs in the sentence structure?

I think the big structure would be "The emails contained information that was classified meaning that it should..." But, I am not sure whether "meaning" ensues "classified" or "meaning" is actually modifying the whole clause before it.

Please help me out! Thank you in advance.=)

• Copyright

American English
    Original:
    At least 110 emails sent through her server contained information that was classified at the time it was sent, he said, meaning it should never have been sent or received on an unclassified computer network

Rephrased for understanding:
    At least 110 emails sent through her server contained information that was classified at the time it was sent, he said. What this means is that it should never have been sent or received on an unclassified computer network

sparklydiamond16

English- Australia
    "The emails contained information that was classified, meaning that it should..."
    Meaning is another word for implying..
    "The emails contained information that was classified, implying that it should..." Also a comma should be placed after classified and before meaning.

< Previous | Next >