input buying

pinkymp

England, English
can anyone even tell me what this means in English? I can't seem to find the term online.

in terms of the French - I took a wild stab at "achat de contributions" although, not understanding the original makes this quite difficult

please help :confused:

• cigcid

France, French
    Hi Broff, hi everyone,

Lucky me: I'm also trying to understand these terms and I can give you the context (business, economics) and the sentence in which I found it:

'[...] input buying had been raised to reduce the pressure of existing stock'.

Does it refer to something like 'pousser à la consommation'?

Thanks in advance!

bloomiegirl

US English
    OK now, I'm guessing, but perhaps input buying is the process of purchasing goods for inventory. Look what I found on Manufacturing & Logistics IT:

...in line with slower growth of output and new orders, the rate of increase in input buying eased to its lowest since August 2006. Where a decline in purchasing was recorded, this was linked to a preference for reduced holding of raw material inventory.

cigcid

France, French
    Thank you Archijacq & Bloomiegirl!
    I didn't know the phrase "achat d'intrants" but "intrant" does indeed mean "input".
    I think your guess is exactly right, Bloomiegirl, it would make perfect sense in the original sentence!
    However, "achat d'intrants" seems to refer to "matières premières" so I don't think it will be suitable here.

Thanks for your help!

pinkymp

England, English
    Thanks all for your help. Sorry about not replying earlier, I was doing this before Christmas and completely ignored it until now. The sentence provided by cigcid was exactly the same as mine! So, any more clues as to what this means?

pinkymp

England, English

pinkymp

England, English
    it seems to, although "input buying" is only mentioned once here, and there is very little other ocntext provided, but it probably is that, as the rest of the sentence talks about "reducing the pressure of existing stocks"

thanks

< Previous | Next >