Inscribirse en la Universidad

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by c'mere, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. c'mere

    c'mere Senior Member

    Argentina; Spanish
    Hello, hello everybody!
    I'm writing a letter and I want to say el mes que viene debo inscribirme en la universidad. Is it correct to say I must enroll at University next month? :eek: How can I say las inscripciones estan abiertas a partir del 12 de noviembre?.

    Regards, C'mere. ​
  2. Kraus Senior Member

    Italian, Italy
    "To enrol, to enter University, to matriculate" are all three correct (according the dictionary). To enrol is less used the the two others (according Google).
  3. ERASMO_GALENO Senior Member

    Lima limón
    Perú, Español

    ¿Qué tal register?

  4. Eugin

    Eugin Senior Member

    Buenos Aires
    Argentina (Spanish)
    Mi sugerencia:
    "Enrollments start as from November 12th"

    Esperemos la opinión de un native,

  5. two worlds

    two worlds Member

    US English

    The best and easiest way to say this is:

    Registration begins on Nov. 12.

    I hope this is helpful.
  6. hatun gringo Senior Member

    Pomum Magnum
    USA English
    It has been a while since I have been in school, but, to me, "Registration" refers to individual classes, "enrollment" refers to the institution.

    Therefore "Enrollment is open after November 12" or "Enrollment begins..." would refer to those who want to enter the university (probably for the next term/year)
    "registration... " would refer to those enrolled students who are choosing their classes.
  7. c'mere

    c'mere Senior Member

    Argentina; Spanish
    Thanks all for your help :)

Share This Page