Insert securely lest power cord should be detached in set

< Previous | Next >

endlesspain

spanish
I'd like to know an accurate (more or less) translation into spanish for this sentence.
It's written in the instructions of my tv and in a tag that comes with the power cord...and I'd like to know if what I think it actually means in spanish is right or not.
Thanks in advance, guys.

• elirlandes

Ireland English
    Inserir de forma segura para asegurar que el cable no se separe dentro del televisor.

Me imagino que tu pregunta va de la palabra "lest". Sale de una forma antiguado de decir "[whereby] less that"
    lest = para que no / por si acaso

Thomas Veil

English - USA
    Inserir de forma segura para asegurar que el cable no se separe dentro del televisor.

Me imagino que tu pregunta va de la palabra "lest". Sale de una forma antiguado de decir "[whereby] less that"
    lest = para que no / por si acaso
    A more literal translation would not include "para asegurar". I would assume that that would be understood from the use of subjunctive.

endlesspain

spanish
    Thanks to all for your useful answers...and yes: the word "lest" was a little strange for me although I had already searched its meaning.
    And yes: the word "should" also appears in the tag, I'm sure, and that seemed pretty weird to me too.
    Anyway, more or less, the meaning in spanish is the same one I thought it would be.
    Thanks again.

< Previous | Next >