inside look?

cristinaalp

Colombia, Spanish
HI Everybody.

I need to write in a formal way that "it is an inside look or x-ray of something". Which is the best way to say so?

Many thanks,
Cristina

• scotu

Chicago English
    I know of a good investment. I can arrange for you to get "an inside look" into the company so you can see what an insider sees. You will be able to get information that is not available to the general public. This might cause you a problem in the USA however beause if you act on an inside look on a puliclly traded company you might be engaging in the crime of insider trading.

Joelline

American English
    christinaalp, if you can provide more context, we can probably help you. Use the phrase in a sentence, and the foreros can try to find a more formal, but appropriate substitution.

Edit: just thought of this: would "privileged glimpse" work?

cristinaalp

Colombia, Spanish
    Hi there!!!

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am working with social networks (people connected to others by many means), thus, I did some stats about the topology of network. What I am trying to say is that with the stats’ results I can get an inside look of the network structure. I would say in Spanish something like “an x-ray of the network”.

But, I need to use a formal expression to say that.

Again, many thanks for your help,
    Cristina

morgoth2604

Israel - (Fluent Hebrew and English), Passable French, Horrid German
    Perhaps "a better view?", if not, I don't completely understand what you're trying to say.

scotu

Chicago English
    In English you might say "My stats give me a priviliged insight into the structure of the organization" "they give me a "bird's eye view" (over-view) which helps me to better understand how the structure works. (the "big picture")