inspire or inspiring or they inspire...

< Previous | Next >

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
Hi all,
My friend wants to recommend some Bible verses on various topics to those who need help. He wrote the title as follow:
Bible Verses | Inspire Strength and Hope | A Variety of Topics for You
The second label confused me. There is no subject, so I wonder if it is correct to say "Inspire Strength and Hope" here. I want to revise it this way:
Bible Verses | Inspiring Strength and Hope | A Variety of Topics for You
But "inspiring" can be an adjective, I think maybe it will confuse others to say "Inspiring Strength and Hope" here. Maybe this option below is clearer:
Bible Verses | They Inspire Strength and Hope | A Variety of Topics for You

Among these titles, which do you think is grammatically correct in this context? I need the help of you, a native speaker. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Language Hound

American English
    Why not simply write:
    Bible Verses: A Variety of Topics to Inspire Strength and Hope
    Or: Bible Verses: Various Topics to Inspire Strength and Hope
    ?

EDITED TO ADD ANOTHER POSSIBILITY:
    Bible Verses to Inspire Strength and Hope
    I think I like this one the best. I really don't see the need to specify that there are a variety of topics.

Last edited:

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
    Why not simply write:
    Bible Verses: A Variety of Topics to Inspire Strength and Hope
    Or: Bible Verses: Various Topics to Inspire Strength and Hope
    ?

EDITED TO ADD ANOTHER POSSIBILITY:
    Bible Verses to Inspire Strength and Hope
    I think I like this one the best. I really don't see the need to specify that there are a variety of topics.
    Hello Language Hound, thank you for your reply. Your suggestions are good. For me, I think the titles you gave are brief and clear, but they are more than 30 characters. I am so sorry that I didn't say each label in my titles needs to be less than 30 characters. So, in this context, which one among my titles do you think it is correct?

Language Hound

American English
    I am so sorry that I didn't say each label in my titles needs to be less than 30 characters.
    I am having trouble understanding how these three "labels" or titles are going to appear.
    Is there going to be text between them?
    Are they going to appear together in one straight line as you have written them?

< Previous | Next >