inspire us about

< Previous | Next >

Lucy 234

Korean
Hi all,
I received a message, but I don't know how to correctly understand "This video will inspire us about this." Does it mean I can get inspired by watching this video?

"Do you want to improve your English? How should we practice speaking English? This video will inspire us about this."

• hyperslow

Polish
    Hi Lucy,
    Yes, this video is so amazing that you will get inspired with it. No sure if about is correct. You can be inspired with their enthusiasm, or inspired by this video to learn more. I may wrong, though.
    Let's wait what others think of it.

Uncle Jack

British English
    What it really shows is that whoever wrote this does not have a particularly good command of idiomatic English, and therefore the video is not worth watching.

While there may be a reason for using "inspire about" followed by a noun, it is more usual to use "inspire" with the to-infinitive form of a verb: "This video will inspire you to learn English" (note: in this context, it has to be "you" unless the writer is themself a non-native speaker). However, this sentence does not fit the two questions that were asked.

Lucy 234

Korean
    Thank you for your reply.
    I thought of another expression. Is it proper?
    This video will give us inspiration.

< Previous | Next >