intake coordinator

beauxyeux

italian italy
Can anyone tell me which job this expression corresponds to?
I've found it in a book about group therapy and there's no explanation. This is the sentence:

An intake coordinator deems a client a suitable candidate for group therapy.

If I understood well this kind of operator recruits clients for the therapy. Is that right? Does anybody know a term in Italian?

Thanks a lot

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    An "Intake Coordinator" is usually someone (in the medical field) that makes initial contact with potential patients and determines (1) if they are appropriate for the treatment in question, (2) scheduling visits, (3) getting insurance approval, and (4) determining which of a variety of therapies are the most appropriate for the patient.

beauxyeux

italian italy
    An "Intake Coordinator" is usually someone (in the medical field) that makes initial contact with potential patients and determines (1) if they are appropriate for the treatment in question, (2) scheduling visits, (3) getting insurance approval, and (4) determining which of a variety of therapies are the most appropriate for the patient.

Thank you Tim; I really don't know if in our health system we've got this kind of operator :confused:; I don't think so, therefore I'll try to find a term which can explain it.

:):)