intellectually resilient

JI Seun

Korean
Hi, everyone.
I wonder what "intellectually resilient" precisely refers to.

"Let it also indicate that even under the worst conditions, many children and adolescents are intellectually resilient, and given an opportunity to learn and practice skills, most can become productive and self-sufficient adults."

Does it mean that many children in poor environment are not giving up on their study? Do you think this is the appropriate meaning behind the expression? Also, is "intellectually resilient" a common expression?

I am sorry I cannot provide full texts here -- it was just one single example sentence from an online dictionary. Anyways, I appreciate any of your opinions!

• abb1025

USA
    English USA
    Hi, everyone.
    I wonder what "intellectually resilient" precisely refers to.

"Let it also indicate that even under the worst conditions, many children and adolescents are intellectually resilient, and given an opportunity to learn and practice skills, most can become productive and self-sufficient adults."

Does it mean that many children in poor environment are not giving up on their study? Do you think this is the appropriate meaning behind the expression? Also, is "intellectually resilient" a common expression?

Yes, that is what it means. I can't remember hearing or seeing the phrase "intellectually resilient," but "emotionally resilient" is a common phrase.

< Previous | Next >