Intentional risk and unintentional risk

keeley_h

Bulgarian
Hi, everybody

I think there are two kinds of dangers.
d1. Unintentional danger. For example, earthquake, storm, cobra, explosion of gunpowder caused by incorrect operation, and so on.
d2. Intentional danger. For example, invasion, burglary, bugging, explosion of gunpowder caused by intentional operation, and so on.

Concise Oxford English Dictionary says risk is “the possibility that something unpleasant will happen.”

I made two sentences, s1 and s2. Are they correct? Especially are espressions “unintentional risk” and “intentional risk” correct?
s1. The possibility that unintentional danger will happen is a kind of risk. It is unintentional risk.
s2. The possibility that intentional danger will happen is a king of risk. It is intentional risk.

I think they are quite correct.

Last edited:
  • boozer

Bulgarian
    is a king of risk...
    I think they are quite correct.
    :) That is a royal phrase, huh?

Seriously, I think both 'intentional and unintentional danger/risk' are meaningless. Both words - danger and risk - imply something that is outside human control and, therefore, cannot be (un)intentional for me. Otherwise your sentences are grammatical, as you probably know. :)

In fact, I think I could understand them being intentional/unintentional if they meant a risk or danger taken (un)intentionally. But that still does not make them the most elegant expressions.

Just my opinion anyway.

< Previous | Next >