interesse didattico

< Previous | Next >

Eratostene L'Alchimista

Italia, Italiano
Hi to all,

can you please help me with the translation of this italian sentence?

"In ogni caso, il nostro interesse verso questa cosa non è solamente didattico, poiché..."

My attempts:

"However our interest in this thing is not just didactic, because..."
"However our interest in this thing is not just as a matter of study, because..."

I don't like the first one because it looks too much "Italish" to me, and I don't like the second one because I'm writing a scientific paper and the term "study" has a wider use than just "theching and learning" (which is what I mean with "didattico"): this is an introduction to my research work and I want to express the fact that I'm talking rather deeply about a well known thing not just to do some theaching stuff, but because that thing will be widely used in my very work. I don't want to use the term "study" because my actual work is a "study" as well, but I don't know how to show the difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eratostene

EDIT: I thought to another possible translation:

"However our interest in this thing is not just for knowledge sake, because..."

but i don't like this one too...

• london calling

UK English
    What do you think about academic? If I understand rightly, you're saying that your interest in not merely academic, as you will in fact actually apply this "thing".

By the way, I'd avoid using the word "thing": what exactly are you referring to? A method or something like that?

Eratostene L'Alchimista

Italia, Italiano
    What do you think about academic? If I understand rightly, you're saying that your interest in not merely academic, as you will in fact actually apply this "thing".

By the way, I'd avoid using the word "thing": what exactly are you referring to? A method or something like that?
    Thank you! Academic is perfect!

I used the word "thing" only in this forum, because it was useles to write what I was talking about: i won't use it in my real work :p . By the way, the "thing"I was referring to is the Brusselator, a set of theoretical chemical reactions.

Thank you again :)

Eratostene

< Previous | Next >