interested in - interested to

djzuza

Banned
Croatian - Croatia
I've asked someone
How did you get interested in learning English?

He isn't a native speaker, but he think I should have said interested to learn English? What do you say? thanks

Last edited:
  • MuttQuad

English - AmE
    I've asked someone
    How did you get interested in learning English?​

He isn't a native speaker, but he think I should have said interested to learn English? What do you say? thanks
    Interested in is the correct usage. Interested to is simply incorrect.

Loob

English UK
    Djzuza, I think you will find this previous thread useful, and in particular Cagey's post 4 in it: Interested in/to.

(Please remember to look for previous threads before you open a new one. For ways to do this see Searching the Forum in the sticky at the top of the English Only forum.)

taraa

Persian
    Hi
    is "interested to \ in" correct in the below? Can I say the sentence below when I like someone?
    I am getting interested in you

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    ...is "interested to \ in" correct in the below? Can I say the sentence below when I like someone?
    I am getting interested in you
    The usage of the preposition is correct, but it's highly unlikely in my opinion that you would say that to anybody in the way you're envisaging there. :(

It might work in the third person: "I think he/she is getting interested in you".

taraa

Persian
    The usage of the preposition is correct, but it's highly unlikely in my opinion that you would say that to anybody in the way you're envisaging there. :(

It might work in the third person: "I think he/she is getting interested in you".
    Thank you very much
    what can I say when I want to say someone that I like him with the use of "interested" please?

< Previous | Next >